Immanuel Lutheran School was established with the original congregation in 1883. Since it's beginning, it has provided a strong, Christian, educational setting for children. The school began as a one room school house. The building became a two room school in 1914 when a wall was added down the middle of the building. In 1928 a room was added to the original 1883 structure. An entirely new school building was built in 1948. An addition of more school classrooms was completed in 1976. A new gymnasium and 14 classrooms were added in 1996 completing the present structure.
Through these changes, God's Word was taught consistently to the many children who came through the hallways of Immanuel Lutheran School. Godly teachers, encouraging parents, a supportive congregation, and a healthy community in which to live caused Immanuel Lutheran School to continue to grow in numbers and in quality.
Immanuel Lutheran School became accredited in 1991. This stamp of approval from the state of Texas, the district accreditation commission, and the national accreditation commission insures that quality programming and ministry is happening here, incorporating the basics of religion, reading, writing, and arithmetic with the technological advances and services available to children.